I decided to book a cruise vacation to go with my mom on a whim. I was at a place in my life where I needed to just getaway to clear my mind. It was a last minute decision and I didn’t really have time to do much research. When I asked people around me about their thoughts on a cruise vacation most people told me it’s boring and more suited for elderly. So I packed a couple of boring outfits in a carry on and set sail. Read more if you want to know how it actually went!
This place is everything you see in pictures and more.
Here are some tips if you’re planning to do this hike.
- Definitely bring water shoes. You WILL need them there.
- Do wear hiking shoes. The trail is a mix of sand, rocks, and loose pebbles. I wore Nike sneakers and came back with blisters, don’t do that!
- There is a water refill station when you get to the village and campsite. Therefore, do not over pack water. On the way in we started the hike around 5 AM so it wasn’t too hot. I only consumed about 2 Liters of water.
- Drive to the hilltop the night before you start your hike. This way you can get on your way in the wee hours of morning to beat the heat.
- The hike back up will be challenging since it’s going to be all uphill. Make sure you have some energy bars, water, and a wide rim hat with you to finish the last bit of the hike.
- Bring a hammock with you. After a 5 hour hike it’s the best way to unwind and there is a lot of trees you can swing from.
See more pictures below!
I’ve got so many questions about the outfit below that I’ve decided to make a post about where each item is from. If you’re interested keep reading and let me know what you think 🙂
I wore this outfit to Encore’s Beach Club and it was perfect and comfortable for the occasion.
The top is actually a bathing suit from New Look that you can find here .
The necklace is from Forever 21 and I’ve got so many people stopping me to ask about it! You can find the necklace here . I’m obsessed with it and I can’t stop wearing it!
Shorts are a classic distressed pair from Forever 21 as well. I got them long ago.
Sandals are AGAIN from Forever 21. You can find them by clicking on this link.