This place is everything you see in pictures and more.
Here are some tips if you’re planning to do this hike.
- Definitely bring water shoes. You WILL need them there.
- Do wear hiking shoes. The trail is a mix of sand, rocks, and loose pebbles. I wore Nike sneakers and came back with blisters, don’t do that!
- There is a water refill station when you get to the village and campsite. Therefore, do not over pack water. On the way in we started the hike around 5 AM so it wasn’t too hot. I only consumed about 2 Liters of water.
- Drive to the hilltop the night before you start your hike. This way you can get on your way in the wee hours of morning to beat the heat.
- The hike back up will be challenging since it’s going to be all uphill. Make sure you have some energy bars, water, and a wide rim hat with you to finish the last bit of the hike.
- Bring a hammock with you. After a 5 hour hike it’s the best way to unwind and there is a lot of trees you can swing from.
See more pictures below!