I decided to book a cruise vacation to go with my mom on a whim. I was at a place in my life where I needed to just getaway to clear my mind. It was a last minute decision and I didn’t really have time to do much research. When I asked people around me about their thoughts on a cruise vacation most people told me it’s boring and more suited for elderly. So I packed a couple of boring outfits in a carry on and set sail. Read more if you want to know how it actually went!
This place is everything you see in pictures and more.
Here are some tips if you’re planning to do this hike.
- Definitely bring water shoes. You WILL need them there.
- Do wear hiking shoes. The trail is a mix of sand, rocks, and loose pebbles. I wore Nike sneakers and came back with blisters, don’t do that!
- There is a water refill station when you get to the village and campsite. Therefore, do not over pack water. On the way in we started the hike around 5 AM so it wasn’t too hot. I only consumed about 2 Liters of water.
- Drive to the hilltop the night before you start your hike. This way you can get on your way in the wee hours of morning to beat the heat.
- The hike back up will be challenging since it’s going to be all uphill. Make sure you have some energy bars, water, and a wide rim hat with you to finish the last bit of the hike.
- Bring a hammock with you. After a 5 hour hike it’s the best way to unwind and there is a lot of trees you can swing from.
See more pictures below!
It’s no secret that Los Angeles has a list of restaurants that overlook a beautiful scenery. A little while ago, I ended up at Terranea Resort, LA’s oceanfront luxury resort located in Palos Verdes.
It has the perfect view overlooking the ocean and cliffs. You can walk through the grounds free even if you’re not guests and enjoy the beautiful scenery. But I suggest putting aside a little time to at least try out one of their restaurants.
I had the opportunity to try out their Asian Fusion Restaurant named Bashi.